Dominica – officially the Commonwealth of Dominica – is a sovereign island country located in the Caribbean half way between the French Islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe. Dominica is a former British colony and gained its independence in 1978. It has an estimated population of 72,324 inhabitants and has a surface area 750 km2 (just slightly bigger than Singapore).
Dominica is characterised by breath-taking landscapes, geothermal hot springs, volcanic peaks and rainforest canopies. From underwater champagne springs to spectacular waterfalls, Dominica has it all. It is a paradise for hikers and nature lovers. Dominica is known as the Nature Island of the Caribbean and boasts to be one of the best diving destinations in the world.
Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program
In addition to being a fantastic holiday destination for paradise hunters, Dominica is also a country you can become a proud citizen of thanks to their very attractive citizenship programme. Once you are a Dominican passport holder you can travel visa free to UK, Europe’s Schengen zone, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Turkey and a total of 119 countries and territories. The program is very affordable and fast to process.
The key benefits of Dominica’s citizenship program:
- Visa-free travel to 119 countries including the UK, Europe’s Schengen zone
- Tax friendly jurisdiction: no wealth tax, no real estate tax, no death tax and no inheritance tax.
- Dependent children under 25 years can be included
- No minimum stay requirement
- Confidentiality: The Government of Dominica does not inform or disclose your new citizenship to your current country or citizenship of residence
- Fast processing time: 3 months or less to obtain your Certificate of Naturalization and Passport
- Very affordable program
Dominica program outline:
There are two investment options to become a citizen of the Commonwealth of Dominica:
- A one time non-refundable contribution made into the Government Fund. The contribution is of:
- US$100,000 for a single applicant
- US$175,000 for a main applicant and spouse
- US$200,000 for a main applicant and up to three dependents
- US$200,000 for larger families plus US$50,000 for each additional dependent
- An investment in an approved real estate project to the minimum value of US$200,000
The real estate must be held for 3 years and may be eligible for re-sale under the Citizenship by Investment Programme after 5 years from the original purchase date.
Main terms and conditions
Main applicant must be at least 21 years old.
All applicants 16 years old and over must be of good character, with no criminal record and in good health.
In addition to the investment required in either investment option, the following government fees will be payable by each member of the family:
US$3,000 per application
Due diligence fees – required for both options
US$7,500 for main applicant*
US$7,500 for the spouse
US$4,000 per dependent aged 16 and above
* Additional due diligence may be required depending on the applicant’s current citizenship.
Naturalisation and passport fees – required for both options
US$750 per person for certificate of naturalisation
US$1,200 per person for passport issue fee
Government fees – for the real estate option only
US$50,000 for the main applicant
US$25,000 for the spouse
US$20,000 for a dependent under the age of 18
US$50,000 for a dependent aged 18-25 years
If you would like to receive more detailed information about the procedure and the total cost of an application (including application fee, processing fee, naturalisation fee and stamp duty fee), do not hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to assist you.
At Shorex Capital, we will handle all aspects of your application and also investment requirements if you chose the real estate option. We work with several property developers and are totally independent.
To find out more about becoming a citizen of the Commonwealth of Dominica, please contact us, we will be happy to assist you:
Inna Iranyi, t +44 20 7482 8102, firstname.lastname@example.org (English, Russian)
Ilona Iranyi, t +44 20 7482 8123, email@example.com (English, Russian)
Philippe Gelin, t +44 20 7482 8118, firstname.lastname@example.org (English, French)