What is a Golden Visa?
A Golden Visa is a generic term for a residency permit given by a EU country to an investor who follows a specific investment program. Most golden visa programs are real estate based.
Obtaining a Golden Visa by investing in real estate
Several countries in the EU are currently offering golden visa programs, each with different investment criteria and procedures. Some of these Golden Visas can lead after several years to citizenship if a number of conditions are met. These conditions vary from country to country.
However, these programmes differ from citizenship by investment programs, because their main purpose is to obtain residency rather than citizenship. They are particularly useful for citizens of countries that do not accept dual citizenship but allow a second residency (like China and India).
Main countries offering golden visa programs
Other countries offering a golden visa programme include Hungary, Bulgaria, Latvia.
There are important differences between Golden Visa programs and EU countries update their programmes on a regular basis. Therefore it is important to seek professional advice.
Main advantages of a Golden Visa
- Free travel within the Schengen, which is comprised of 26 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
- Residency extended to family members
- Very low minimum stay periods
- Possibility to apply for citizenship (generally after more than 5 or 7 years, conditions apply)
- Potential access to EU medical services
Choosing and obtaining a Golden Visa with Shorex Capital
At Shorex Capital, we can help you choose the right Golden Visa program for you and your family and handle all aspects of your application and real estate investment requirements.