Known as the “Pearl of the Mediterranean”, Montenegro has breathtaking scenery, beautiful towns and unique culture. From crystal clear lakes, beautiful mountains and beaches to stunning byzantine architecture, Montenegro is a must on anyone’s travel bucket list. Montenegro is also one of the fastest growing economies in the region. With its fantastic location in the middle of Mediterranean and its new citizenship program, Montenegro is now an ideal destination for families looking for security, mobility and European lifestyle.
WHY CHOOSE MONTENEGRO?
In addition to its natural beauty and beautiful medieval villages, Montenegro is very centrally located with easy access to all major European destinations. Montenegro offers a sophisticated choice of real estate investment opportunities. The Euro is the local currency of Montenegro, making it easy to invest and travel. The country has a very favourable tax regime, providing an excellent opportunity for families to relocate in a safe and friendly environment. Independent since 2006, Montenegro has developed remarkably well with an economy growing at 4% a year and in-principle agreement from Brussel to join the EU in 2025. For the first time, Montenegro is offering a from October 2018 a citizenship program, making now possible for international investors to become citizens of Montenegro and take part in the success of this amazing country in the heart of Europe.
The key benefits of the new Montenegro citizenship by investment program:
- Visa-free travel to 116 countries including all Europe’s Schengen zone.
- Residency within 3 weeks and approval of citizenship within six months.
- No language requirements.
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality and no disclosure of citizenship to foreign authorities.
- NATO Member.
- Expected to join the EU by 2025.
- One of the lowest crime rates in Europe (25% less crime than in the UK).
- Strategic geographical location in Europe on the Adriatic Sea, exactly half way between the western and eastern tips of the Mediterranean.
- Porto Montenegro: one of the world’s finest yachting marinas.
- Excellent holiday destination.
- Affordable program.
- Low tax jurisdiction.
How to qualify
To qualify for residency or citizenship, applicants must fulfil one of the investment options below in addition to meeting a number of criteria including:
- Be a non-EU citizen.
- Must possess valid passport.
- Must declare origin of the funds for investment.
- Provide proof of no criminal record.
Investment Program Details
The citizenship by investment program consists of a donation to the government fund and an investment in real estate:
Government Fund Donation
Applicants must contribute €100,000 in the form of a government fund donation.
Real Estate Investment
In addition to the donation, applicants are required to invest in approved real estate projects in the country. Depending on the location of the selected projects, applicants will have the choice of the following options:
- €250,000 investment in an undeveloped region (north of the country), OR
- €450,000 investment in a developed region (south of the country).
The government program will start accepting applications from 1st October 2018. Demand for the program is expected to be high and only the early applicants will get guaranteed places within the quota of 2,000 applications. The remainder of the quota will be allocated on first come, first serve basis. The citizenship by investment program will close as soon as the government quota has been reached.
At Shorex Capital, we will handle all aspects of your application and investment requirements. We work with several property developers and are totally independent.
To find out more about becoming a citizen of Montenegro, please contact us, we will be happy to assist you:
Inna Iranyi, t +44 20 7482 8102, email@example.com (English, Russian)
Ilona Iranyi, t +44 20 7482 8123, firstname.lastname@example.org (English, Russian)
Philippe Gelin, t +44 20 7482 8118, email@example.com (English, French)