Cyprus is part of the EU
The Cyprus citizenship by investment offers high net worth individuals and their family the opportunity to become citizens of Cyprus. This is one of the most popular programs that we consult on. Here’s some background information about Cyprus and the citizenship program. This passport allows you to live, study, work, and travel anywhere within the European Union (incl. the UK). Cypriot citizens have visa-free or visa on arrival access to 158 countries and territories. It is the only European passport that can be obtained in 6 months.
Cyprus – officially the Republic of Cyprus – is an island nation steeped in history. Throughout the centuries it has found itself under the rule of the empires of the Egyptians, Persians, Romans and the Ottomans before falling under British administration and subsequently gaining independence in 1960. Such a rich history gave birth to the diverse and exceptional culture that exists today.
Situated in southeast Europe, as the third largest in the Mediterranean (behind Sicily and Sardinia) Cyprus has an approximate population of 1.18 million people (UN population projection, 2016). as well as possessing the warmest climate in the Mediterranean, the island’s location, in the intersection of Europe, Asia and Africa, gives investors the strategic edge when working and travelling in the EU and elsewhere.
Cyprus Citizenship by Investment Program
Besides its climate and culture making it a popular holiday destination, Cyprus also welcomes investors looking for business and investment opportunities. The Cyprus Citizen by Investment Program allows investors to obtain a EU passport in only three months.
The key benefits of Cyprus’ citizenship program:
- Visa-free travel to 158 countries including the UK, Europe’s Schengen zone
- The right to work, travel, live or study anywhere within the EU.
- No residency requirement
- Spouses, parents of the main applicant and dependent children up to 28 years old can be included
- Access to European Health Insurance Card by contributing to Cypriot social security system
- No language requirements for residence or citizenship
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality and no disclosure of citizenship to foreign authorities
- Low tax jurisdiction
- The right to own property in any member state of the EU
- Excellent infrastructure, with high standards of education (top 50 globally), healthcare and one of the lowest crime rates in Europe.
- Warm and dry climate and excellent holiday destination
- Permanent resident card obtained in a week
- It is the only European passport that can be obtained in 6 months.
Main Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must be 18 or over and able to provide proof that they have no criminal record
- Must possess valid passport
- Must declare origin of the funds for investment
Size of investment
€2m + VAT – invested in a real estate portfolio, including a €500,000 investment into the main residence of the applicant.
If the parents of the main applicant also want to be included in the application, they must purchase an additional residential property of €500,000 as their main residence. The value of this property can be pooled into the main investment, enabling a more premium property to be purchased.
Duration of investment:
€1.5m can be sold after 3 years, €500,000 should be retained as a main residence.
In addition to the investment required, there are government fees of €7,000 per applicant
What Does Citizenship Mean?
There are easily confused differences between Citizenship and Residency. This program leads to Citizenship of Cyprus.
At Shorex Capital, we will handle all aspects of your application and investment requirements. We work with several property developers and are totally independent.
To find out more about becoming a citizen of Cyprus, please contact us, we will be happy to assist you:
Inna Iranyi, t +44 20 7482 8102, firstname.lastname@example.org (English, Russian)
Ilona Iranyi, t +44 20 7482 8123, email@example.com (English, Russian)
Philippe Gelin, t +44 20 7482 8118, firstname.lastname@example.org (English, French)